Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Muzzle Loader

Camping and hunting with Daddy. Haiden and Lily blowing on the fire stoking it.
Driving down the canyon we spotted a bull and cow moose. The cow ran so we could not get a good pic but the bull hung around.
Daddy's harvest. The deer he got on the muzzle loader hunt. Michael called me (yes we had cell coverage where he hunts) at our camp site, at about 6:30 telling me he got a deer. I bundled up the kids and threw Lily in the backpack and started hiking up the hill to meet Michael and help him pull the deer out. Of course I forgot a flashlight and am very glad I went back and got a couple. We hiked for about a mile and were turning back when Michael got cell coverage back and told me where to go. We continued walking and met Michael up the trail a few feet, at this time it was dark and had been for about a half hour. I carried Michael's gun and he continued to pull the deer. It took about another hour or so but we made it back to camp. Lily slept most of the way and Haiden walked the entire way about 2 miles, pretty good for a 4 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment